Mobilgrease 28 is a completely synthetic grease manufactured from synthetic hydrocarbon fluid and a nonsoap thickener. It has extreme pressure characteristics, an extremely wide range of operating temperatures
and excellent resistance to water washing. The consistency is between NLGI 1 and 2.
Mobilgrease 28 retains its consistency under high temperature and shear conditions over extended periods of
operation. It has good shock and heavy load characteristics and its very high level of mechanical and thermal
stability prevents deterioration and formation of deposits.
Mobilgrease 28 has excellent resistance to hot and cold water washing and resists mild acid and alkali
solutions. It provides a high level of protection against rust and corrosion, under water washing conditions
Mobilgrease 28 offers the following benefits:
· Very low wear rates under wide range of operating temperatures
· Long service life gives minimal service requirement
· Compatible with conventional mineral oil type greases, based on a non-soap thickener
· Compatible with elastomers normally used for petroleum type lubricants
· Long term retention of operational characteristics opens up opportunities for design of high output machinery
· Increased production capacity and reduced maintenance increase operating profit